Ultimate Guide of Cancer: Diagnosis and Treatment
In simple words, Cancer is a disease that produces uncontrollable cells that spread rapidly in other parts of the body. It can start from anywhere, which is made of trillions of cells.
So, Let’s come to the problem statement. In which you are interested to read.
- Cancer is the leading cause of death on the planet, according to the WHO around 10 million deaths were reported just because of cancer in 2020.
- Cancer is a chronic disease that includes cancer of the lungs, breast, colon, prostate cancers, and rectum.
- The main causes of cancer are due to high tobacco, and alcohol consumption, low fruit, and vegetable intake, also lack of physical activity.
- Around one-third of the population die due to cancer, The annual cancer mortality rate for men and women is 158.3 per 100,000. (Based on 2013–2017 deaths).
- Each year, approximately 400000 children become victims of cancer
You might get an assumption after looking at the cancer statistics that how big the problem statement is.
Let us move to the next phase of the blog where we will discuss the solutions and treatment for cancer. But before moving to it, understanding the root causes is essential.
So, let’s understand first why cancer occurs and how it settles down in the body.
How cancer occurs and what is the difference between cancer cells and normal cells?
Cancer develops from the internal body, it’s an internal issue, However, there are some external factors too that are also responsible for cancer which are alcohol, tobacco, poor lifestyle, and so on.
But how does it occur internally, is cancer present in the body?
We have to understand very simple things that in the cells there is DNA and DNA has got two different types of genes which are oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes.
Now the oncogenes allow a cell to become cancer cells and tumor suppressor genes would not enhance cells to become cancer cells.
So, there is a balance between these two genes which ultimately leads to the formation of cancer.
And whenever any of the cells substantially increase the level of dominance then it starts growing uncontrollably and spreads out to the body.
So, regulation of these genes and control is most important. Which will not trigger a normal cell to become a cancer cell.
Apart from this, there may be some other causes of cancer like genetic and biological carcinogens, such as infections from certain viruses, bacteria, or parasites.
How to deal with it? treatments available
There are various solutions in the form of treatment of cancer through which one can deal with cancer but are given by identifying the nature of the illness. But the most important point here is the detection of diseases.
Some common types of cancer such as cervical cancer, breast cancer, oral cancer, testicular seminoma, and colorectal cancer can be cured if they are detected earlier and necessary treatment is provided.
As a result, there are treatments for cancer like surgery, radiotherapy, and/or systemic therapy (chemotherapy, hormonal treatments, targeted biological therapies)
In addition, for patients monitoring the symptoms regularly is also important and in that process, technological solutions are playing a significant role through which doctors and patients can easily monitor the live metrics of disease and get access to virtual treatment options by developing apps such as healthcare app development and utilizing software like patient management software.
However, only taking treatment is not enough for cancer patients; there is much more care needed to support that treatment.
Improving the patient’s quality of life is also important, this can be achieved by the patient’s psychological and spiritual well-being during the process of treatment.
What should you take care of? Risk factors
One can live a healthy lifestyle even if they are a cancer patient. “It’s hard to achieve but not impossible.” So, taking precautions is essential in order to live the life you dreamed of.
Here are a few tips and advice that can help to reduce cancer and keep you away from becoming the victim of it.
- Avoid consuming tobacco and high alcohol
- Plan out a healthy diet in your daily meal which includes required nutrition like protein, and antioxidant
- Maintain body weight
- Obtaining HPV and hepatitis B vaccinations if you are a member of a group for which immunization is advised
- Reduce exposure to outdoor air pollution which is also one of the risk factors
- Do exercise regularly and focus on your mental strength
- Build a positive environment that can help you to tackle the diseases
Moreover, the most important aspect of the survival journey is being able to manage your mental status. Because, when people become aware of their condition, they go into a deep depression stage which is not the solution.
You have to fight against it continuously, And the only way you can do this is by strengthening the mental roots that will not only help you to survive but also live a better life as well.
Although, many types of cancers can be restored if effective care is taken. This reminds me of the famous quote of Olivia Newton-John “Fight each round, take it on the chin and never never never ever give up.”